This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Virginia College Parents, Inc. This privacy notice applies to information collected by Virginia College Parents, Inc. and this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you when:
- You contact us and voluntarily provide such information; or
- You register yourself as a member of Virginia College Parents, Inc., either by submitting a completed, paper, membership application, or by registration on-line, through this web site.
- How the collected information is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information. And,
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Virginia College Parents, Inc. is the sole owner of the information we collect. We only ask for name and address and contact information. At you discretion, you may also indicate your volunteer status to support “VCP” in many ways. We only collect, and have access to, information that you voluntarily give us via direct contact with you, email, postal delivery of a completed membership form or other inquiry, or on-line member registration. We will not provide, sell, nor rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., provide you requested additional information.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
When you provide sensitive information, we protect your information both on-line and off-line. The computers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment, and we do not use “cookies.” Only Virginia College Parents, Inc. personnel who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, providing customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.